Making healthy smoothies isn’t difficult once you understand the fundamental technique and the items to utilize. When it comes to making healthy smoothies, there are still some frequent blunders that individuals make, especially if they are trying to lose weight. Try to avoid these 8 green smoothie mistakes…
8 Common Green Smoothie Mistakes to Avoid
When embarking on every health plan, it is possible to make mistakes. If you avoid the eight most popular green smoothie errors, your blended road to health and well-being will have the most benefits with the fewest headaches.
- Using too many fruits. Remember, using too many fruits and not enough green vegetables could lead to unhealthy weight gain.
- Giving up after a few failed tries. If you make a green smoothie and it doesn’t taste good that is no need to stop making smoothies. You can always add your favorite fruits and vegetables to any smoothie to please your taste buds.
- Not adding water to your blender first. To keep from overworking your blender motor you should add your liquids first, along with a few smoothie ingredients.
- Using the same greens every day. We mentioned earlier that changing up your green smoothie ingredients is important for overall health. Even if you find you have a couple of recipes you really enjoy, you need to discover other recipes that get healthy greens into your body on a regular basis.
- Not buying organic whenever you can. Purchase organic produce if at all possible. This food is as clean as it can be, and usually enjoys a much shorter time from the farm to your grocery store.
- Not washing your produce. Just 1 tablespoon of white vinegar per 1 gallon of room temperature water makes an excellent produce rinse. Let your produce soak for 10 minutes before aggressively rinsing.
- Using unhealthy protein powders. Protein powders are a common green smoothie ingredient. Make sure you are reading your food labels, and use only healthy powders.
- Letting the color turn you off. Some green smoothies will be extremely dark green and brown in color. Don’t let an unattractive looking color keep you from benefiting from these wonderfully healthy beverages.