The Health Benefits of Green Smoothies
There are many advantages of drinking green smoothies. Green smoothies’ young, emerald hue comes from vegetables and fruits that are rich in nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. They have a plethora of advantages and can improve both your mental and physical health. Kale is a common leafy green in smoothies, and it has the following health benefits.
• High in fiber, low in calories and has zero fat – Kale delivers up only 36 calories in a 1 cup serving. That serving size also packs a healthy 5 grams of dietary fiber and zero fat.
• Helps digestion and elimination – The fiber in kale promotes healthy digestion and helps keep you “regular”.
• Absolutely packed with vitamins and nutrients – Kale delivers significant amounts of magnesium, folate, iron, vitamins A, C and K, and delivers more calcium than milk per calorie.
• Fights cancer – The antioxidants, carotenoids and flavonoids present in high levels in kale help protect you against developing various cancers.
• Boosts bone health – Eating kale (or drinking a smoothie with kale in it) delivers the vitamin K mentioned earlier. Vitamin K is essential for optimal bone health, as well as blood clotting.
• Fights inflammation – This versatile and powerful health booster boasts excellent anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is often the starting point for multiple chronic diseases and illnesses.
• Improved brain function – A diet rich in kale has been linked to better memory and a lowered risk of developing neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
• A wonderful detoxing agent – Kale helps your liver filter out dangerous toxins and poisons, removing them from the foods you eat and the liquids you drink, so they can be eliminated.
• Boosts healthy circulation – The iron in kale ensures that high levels of oxygen are transported to the various parts of your body that need it.
• All of the healthy nutrients and minerals in kale also boost your overall immune system, help your cells grow properly, assist in the formation of enzymes and hemoglobin, lower your cholesterol, and fight asthma, arthritis and autoimmune disorders.
Take a look at those incredible benefits of incorporating kale into your diet.
Consider how your health and longevity will be boosted when you combine the leafy green with other good vitamins and fruits widely used to make a green smoothie. You can literally handpick your smoothie ingredients to provide any form of health boost you need, such as healthier, shinier hair and younger-looking skin, as well as better memory, no joint pain, and complete heart health.
We will reveal the best veggies to use in your green smoothie later in this article. We’ll also list the health benefits of each vegetable, so you can tailor your green smoothie experience to provide exactly the healthy benefits you’re looking for. But for now, let’s look at why you can make a smoothie with more green vegetables rather than fruits the next time you make one.